Friday, July 29, 2022

Réka teacher (Hungary)

I had a ’story’ today and I have realised that it is connected to our zero waste challenge. So I decided to write it down for you.

A friend of mine left her glasses at my grandparents’ cottage at Lake Balaton when they visited us there. She asked me to send them by post. She could not come back for them, the place was far away, they did not have time to come back for the glasses. But the expensive glasses were important for her. So we agreed that I send them to her by post.

Glasses are very fragile so we were thinking a lot how to put them save into a kind of box. I took a box of peach juice. I cut one of its ends. I cleaned it inside. I put some really old newspapers to be well-lined. After placing the glasses safely into it I closed the box. Finally I wrapped it into a brownish paper originated from my grandparents’ things I found in one of their cupboards. So I could write the address on it legibly.

I think I used up a lot of old things sensibly instead of buying something new at the post.



No comments:

Frej, Swedish Team. My Week.

  Monday  Today a new group of kids started their summer camp where I am working as a leader. I will teach them how to sail a boat without a...